Software Developer / Senior Software Developer
Are you interested in improving people’s lives by enabling personalized healthcare using genomic data? We are looking for a Software Developer / Senior Software Developer to join our Personalized Medicine Platform Software Development team. We develop meaningful services using modern web technologies. This position is located in Espoo Otaniemi, Finland.
The team is developing software for running automated data processing pipelines for genomic data. The processed data is utilized in reports that are used in clinical decision making, for example in cancer treatment and precision medicine, in laboratories around the world. The team works in cooperation with the industry-leading cloud vendors and life scientists so this is a unique opportunity to learn about the newest trends and technologies inside the multidisciplinary field of bioinformatics. Come join us on our journey of bringing genetic data into everyday patient care!
What you will be working on:
- Produce high-quality software.
- Implement new features and bug fixes as part of the software development team.
- Get familiar with functional specifications by consulting with e.g. Product Managers in order to be able to turn the specifications into a usable product.
- Take responsibility for your own code and quality of it.
- Implement functional requirements advised from the Product Manager or Lead Software Developer.
- Comprehend the whole codebase including frontend, backend, database and integrated services.
- Coordinate work with other software developers.
- Build a culture of open communication, helping others and having a technical ambition.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Full-stack programming skills (we use React and Spring Boot but appreciate experience with any stack)
- Willingness to learn new technologies
Bonus if you know:
- Agile software development practices
- RESTful service design and microservices
- GCP, AWS, Azure
- GitLab CI
- Basics of bioinformatics
This position is located in Espoo Otaniemi, Finland as part of the R&D function. BC Platforms offices are based in Helsinki, Zurich, Boston and Singapore.
The company operates with a Hybrid Work Model, whereof 50 % of the working time is spent in the office and the other 50% in the home office.
Please apply as soon as possible. Send us your application via LinkedIn Easy Apply or via our Career Site https://careers.bcplatforms.com/jobs. If you have public projects on GitHub or similar, please mention them in your application. With any questions related to the job description, please send them to email@example.com.
Who we are
BC Platforms is a global leader in providing a powerful data and technology platform for personalized medicine and drug development, accelerating the translation of insights into clinical practice.
BC Platforms operates the Global Data Partner Network BCRQUEST.com, which provides access and analytics on genomic and clinical cohort data for drug developers currently providing access to over 22m subjects across five continents.
Our technology drives the infinite loop between personalized care and research discoveries, leveraging latest science, deep technical expertise, strategic partnerships, and harmonized, diverse data collections.
Our high performing platforms enable high throughput genomic data production, flexible data integration, secure data management, efficient analysis and interpretation of molecular and clinical information.
Founded in 1997 from an MIT Whitehead project spinoff, the Company has a strong scientific heritage underpinned by over 20 years of working in close collaboration with a network of leading researchers, developers, manufacturers and vendors. BC Platforms has global operations with its headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland, research and development in Espoo, Finland, and sales and marketing in Boston, USA, London, UK and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.bcplatforms.com.